Tuesday, February 1, 2011

La Jetee

I really like the ending. I love it when the story resolves in the very end of movies.

Since they only used pictures I always felt like people in the pictures were dead. Especially at the beginning some of the Paris photos made feel like it could be related to war.

Using only photos made sounds and the voice over more important. Since we had less to register than a time based (I mean 24 fps or so) I could pay more attention to the voice over. So there was some sort of balance I guess.

Also when you have more time to spend on one single image framing and angles of that image becomes more important.

Also because of voice overs and black&white photos it had a documentary feel to it .

It was amazing to see that they could create a movement just with fading effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment